I'm a resident of Alaska, and I approve of This Message on Total Drek.
I was going to talk about what I think of Sarah Palin as Vice President after the shock wore off, but Drek beat me to it. Let me just do a quick rundown of the issues Drek outlined, rearranged according to my views of Pro and Con:
- Sarah Palin opposes same-sex marriage and would deny benefits to same-sex couples.
- Sarah Palin supports creationism in the classroom.
- Sarah Palin is anti-choice in virtually all cases, supporting abortion only when necessary for the health of the mother. She believes even rape victims must carry the child.
- Sarah Palin opposes sex education other than "abstinence only."
- Sarah Palin isn't sure she thinks Alaska should be part of the United States.
- And, might I add one to the list: Sarah Palin's complete lack of experience if McCain should die.
- Sarah Palin believes that global warming has nothing to do with human causes. Let me just say I somewhat agree with her on this one. We may be accelerating the warming process, but I think it's a natural cycle. So this is actually a "Pro" for me. This was a "Con" of Drek's.
- Sarah Palin supports drilling in ANWR. And so do I, so this is a "Pro" for me as well. This was a "Con" of Drek's.
- She is, by all accounts, female. We haven't had a female Vice President before.
- Would prove that even pageant runner-ups can be Vice President.
- Makes it apparent just how old John McCain really is
Overall, I agree with Drek and really don't want to see the McCain/Palin team in the White House. So I will be voting for Obama, and here's why:
Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody.
That's right, mine will be more of a vote against McCain than for Obama. That quote can be found along with many others in my Quotes section.